Thursday, December 4, 2008

CANDIES

It was 1983. There was a very big economic crisis in Turkiye. For this reason, my father had to work in another city. My mother and I were living very far away from my father’s home. When I was 5 years old, my mother and I went to Istanbul. She was cleaning the whole house. She was very busy. I remember that I wanted to go out, because staying at home was very boring for me. I was walking in the street. I did not know this place well. I did not go very far away. It was very big city. There was a very big bazaar on the street.
Afterward, I saw a seller in the bazaar and he was selling assorted candy. I immediately went to home and asked my mother to buy for me candy. She said that she was very busy; therefore, she would not buy it for me. I started crying; because, she used to love me very much. She gave me a big amount of money, which might be all of her money. I eventually found that peddler in the bazaar. I bought all kinds of candy with that money. He and I were very happy with this shopping; however, my mother was not. I had spent all of my mother’s money. Later, my mother searched that man in the bazaar but she could not find him. She was very angry to me. Whenever I see a candy store, I always remember my mother.

No comments: