Sunday, February 22, 2009

just one week..


I have too much this kind of situations. One of them was five months ago. I was planning to come to U.S. It was my last month for my job. However, there was a very big pipeline project in the south east of Turkey. I was working last 3 months for this project. At the end, I have to invite two engineers from Germany. We had to offer solutions for this pipeline to the very big energy company. I had to stay more than one thousand mile away from my home for one week. It was not the only problem. We had to live that place which is hotter than 113 Fahrenheit. The biggest problem for me, during this one week I had to speak English. It was frustrating for me. I had started to prepare my luggage to go U.S; however, I had to go before this damn place . I suggested to my manager to join us, because, engineers are very important people for my company. Their impressions were also very important for future projects and relationship with my company. She said to me that she would not be even in Turkey, because, she was going to U.S. for her vacation. The situation was getting worse for me. I had to do everything by myself such as renting car, finding place for dinners, and sightseeing plans. I can say that it would be the worst week of my life. During day and night, we had to use air condition because of the hot weather. However, when we go to sightseeing there was no air condition. We had to go very dangerous places. Sometimes, we entered into pipeline. There was a methane gas risk inside. One technician was measuring methane gas level all the time. Sometimes we entered some places under 35000 volt risk. By the way, we had to wear camouflage, boat, helmet and glass at this hot weather. Two days after, I had a very bad backache because of the hot weather and air condition. The places which we visited either very hot weather or very cold air condition weather. Finally, we had finished the project in one week. Thanks God, I was still alive.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow...that sounds like one intense week...BTW, nice picture. You look good in bright neon orange ;-)