Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shadows In A Mirror!

I was working a big lighting project in Saudi Arabia. The lighting systems were designed by a Germany Company. All products of the project and lighting systems were very special and unique. It was a very big tent which we had to illuminate with lighting fixtures mounted on very big poles. It was an indirect lighting project and we would provide indirect lighting with round mirrors. The specification of the projects was prepared in English. We were planning to offer in one mount. I was trying to figure out all details of this project with my limited English. The most important part of this project was mirrors. It was not described well. I gathered all information such as the lighting calculations, products prices, and products specifications. I searched for mirrors about one week; however, I could not find good mirrors in the Turkish Market. I looked for other countries on the internet, but there was not any solution. It was so special mirrors, which nobody could produce it. At the same time, I could not find anybody who knew about this kind of lighting systems. Finally, the deadline of the quotation just came out. I had to present our solutions to our general manager, but I was still confusing about mirrors. I only could find two mirror producers, which they might produce for us similar mirrors. I think you may know these mirrors, which are used for to help to the drivers if they cannot see other cars in crossroads. Unfortunately, my superior English had led me into an error. I had misunderstood the construction of the mirror, which is exactly a metal aluminum reflector. It was not a glass made mirror. I had to concede that I had made a big mistake. I had gone wrong way for one week. I felt too bad, because of this misunderstanding. I had disappeared in front of the mirror.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Poor guy, I hope that your boss wasn't too angry!!